This study encompasses three individual studies by researchers at Aston University that investigate Polycystic Ovary Syndrome’s specific aspects.
What are these studies about?
- Lived experience of pain and weight-related symptoms
- The objective of this study is to gain an understanding of pain and weight-related symptoms and how they affect women with PCOS.
- Lived experience of appearance-related symptoms
- This study is about gaining an understanding of appearance-related symptoms (such as acne, hair thinning, hirsutism etc.) how they affect women with PCOS.
- Lived experiences of infertility and fertility treatment
- The aim of this study is to gain an understanding of fertility problems that affect women with PCOS and the experiences of fertility treatment.
What does this study require?
You will be asked to complete a short online questionnaire, in addition to taking part in a 60-minute-long interview via video conferencing, where you can choose to share only your voice. You will be asked questions about your experiences with PCOS and its symptoms.
Can I take part in the study?
To take part in any of these studies, you must have symptoms/a clinical diagnosis of PCOS, must be over the age of 18 and live in the UK. You must also speak English fluently.
You can sign up to one or all three studies if you experience the specific symptoms.
How do I sign up?
Please contact the researchers below:
Pain or weight-related symptoms – Sidratul Kazi
Appearance-related symptoms – Simrun Kaur
Infertility – Katie Clabon